This season we have had a lot of requests for some good online content on basic kitesurfing skills needed to get the new kiter up and running safely and quickly. So, I’ve decided to publish a series of articles on Kitesurfing Skills. Of course these articles will never replace actual kitesurfing tuition. You can’t replace getting out there and learning it with a professional kitesurfing school. Lessons are essential. The object of these articles is to help the new kitesurfer get an overview of what its all about. So, If you are a new kiter, or a kiter that feels they need to skill up, these articles may be able to help you. Enjoy!
Kitesurfing Line Set Up – Laying it all out
So, here we go. This time around we are going to discuss:
LAYING OUT THE LINES
Getting this right will save you hours of frustration. You will be out on the water in minutes.. The object here is to get the lines laid out with no tangle ups as quickly as possible. So here’s the process we use at our school.
Kitesurfing Line Set Up Process
- Start to unravel the lines just down wind of the kite.
- Lay the lines directly downwind of the kite.
- Ensure that the right hand side of the bar is on your right facing the kite (this is the opposite side to the way you normally fly the kite).
- Separate the back lines first by placing your body in between the back lines with the front lines in between your legs.
- Walk up toward the kite holding all 4 lines slightly tight in front of you (this will separate out the lines).
- Once the back lines are separated out, stretch them out so that they don’t retangle with the front ones.
- Walk back down and repeat this process with the front lines.
Now your lines should be separated out into 4 separate and untangled lines. That’s it! You will need a practical demonstration of course. Next time I will discuss with you how to connect your kite to your lines.
OK See you out there.
CALL NOW IF YOU ARE KEEN FOR LESSONS + 61487311753
OR CONTACT US THROUGH THE WEBSITE
SEE YOU SOON